Friday, January 8, 2010

Earthquakes, Power Outages, and Putting Your Make Up on in the Dark!

How to survive college without even trying!
By: Adriana Steadman

  1. When you are sitting in the living room and then all of a sudden the room starts to shake more then it ever has... then you realize its an earth quake... RUN TO THE DOOR FRAME!!!!
This is exactly what happened to me on Monday in Cedar. We had three? I only felt one! At 9:30 there was a 4.1 Magnitude then at like 1pm there was a 2.3 or something like that... and then at like 9 in the evening there was 3.7. I guess I just was not feeling them after the first one. That one was scary!

2. Wake up early so you can put on your make up just in case the power goes out!

This happened yesterday morning. I have classes at 8am on MWF and 8:30am on TR so I get ready when it is dark outside. BUT usually I have electricity. That was certainly not the case yesterday.

3. Make sure you have a buddy to hold a flashlight for you while you put on your makeup!

Haley had to hold a flash light at the right angle so that I could actually see what I was doing makeup wise. It just adds to your interesting week when you are walking after getting ready in the dark, like the majority of the city, and then you just get on campus and get a text from your other roommate says "power back on" and you just go "REALLY!!? WHY ARE THE FORCES AGAINST ME!"

4. Make sure you have really good people to help you through the week that I call Hell!

My Sisters are there for me all the way! I love them so much! From Earthquakes to Power outages, to bad news about family, to wearing you underwear inside out, and realizing your shirt is backwards... you can always count on them to be there with a flashlight guiding the way to a better day. As always Defy Gravity! Week one of school is not even over, two more classes... this should be interesting!

No comments:

Hello - It is me! Adriana's Life July 2016- current!

Good evening my friends! Well let me just say I haven't been as attentive to this blog in a while. I have been working on http://poorwor...