Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I.Am.Crafty.-Sometimes-

Sometimes I get this idea that I can be crafty like my sister-in-laws and friends. Well when I first got initiated in to Alpha Phi your big sis gives you a basket with things like a bell, a magnetic board and whatever else. Well my big gave me a cute magnetic board that is pink that has AOE on it. Well the board has been through about 5 moves in my time at school, and the A-O-E is falling off and the paint is chipped, and well it has seen better days. I tried to find a picture of it, but I did not, so when it gets done I will show before and after pics.
So anyway I thought that I would Mod Podge the board with some cute paper. This has been my intended summer project and well... I only have about a month left to do it. So yesterday Hailey and I were at Hobby Lobby (aka: the Costco of Crafts!) getting some stuff for Lisa's bridal shower, and well... I thought, heck let me look at the paper. So I found this booklet that has a ton of paper to make the board what I want to make it!
(Sorry about the ghetto pics haha!) Anyway so with the help of Hailey and whoever else wants to help me on the day I decide to do it, I am going to make my magnetic board cute again for my new room in Mandalay! We are going to mod podge the board with these papers and then sand it down and make it look cute. I will have to find cute magnets for it, I do not really want to make them because I will just find some cute ones as I go shopping or whatever! So pictured below are like 4 of the papers, there are more but the pictures sucked, cause I stupidly took them with my phone and not my camera!
This one is pink, dark pin, black, and white. I love the color scheme of pink black and white and like antique looking... I have decided finally.
I LOVE this one (above) cause it reminds me of my BFF Bri!
This one (above) is kinda brownish black I cannot determine.

I LOVED THIS ONE (above) it is what inspired me to buy the whole pack of paper!

So again I will definitely have to show BEFORE and AFTER when I get this thing done! Do not worry! I am so excited! I have never been excited about a craft EVER in my life hahahaha! Okay I lied, my little sister's magnetic board is pretty cute, she may hate it, but I liked it :)

Anyway now I am going to go clean my room cause I really need to do that and laundry and get ready to go to a TWILIGHT party! woo woo! I am going to see Eclipse with Hailey, Mom, and Lisa for Hailey's birthday. BUT before I am treating Hailey to a pedi and my mom is treating her to a mani! Oh man I am so stoked! I will take pics and blog about that later!

Until next time!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Adriana you make me smile! I love the paper- I am pretty sure I have a scrapbook made with that line of paper. Love it.

Hope you loved Eclipse-- I am seeing it soon!

Jaz said...

Cute paper!

Hello - It is me! Adriana's Life July 2016- current!

Good evening my friends! Well let me just say I haven't been as attentive to this blog in a while. I have been working on http://poorwor...