Saturday, August 28, 2010

School... and a scholarship!


This week has been pretty good for school. Being a Communications Major is a win or lose situation. Either your first week of school is easy, and progressively gets harder... or its easy for the whole semester, or it just starts hard and never gets easier. SO FAR it has been easy, some minor assignments like tweaking my Resume, meeting people in class, doing a PR news release... so far so good. I would not mind if it got a little bit more challenging, but not for this next week (which is rush and super busy). I know that it will be okay, but I am taking some harder classes, and I just need to manage my time wisely. I have done it many times before! I of course am awaiting two more books out of the three I bought online, which totally saves me $200 from the bookstore. I have promoted the bookstore before but not for the texts... I had to do this for a project, but ya know it is a good place, just sometimes you do not want to pay $100 for a USED book! Blech.

These are the courses I am taking:

  • Nutiriton at 8am with Schmidt on MWF
  • Thinking and Listening Critically with Treanor at 10 am MWF
  • Communication Studies with Stein at 1pm on MWF
  • Technical Writing with Treanor at 2pm on MWF
  • Public Relation Writing with Ben Wyeth on TR
This is my second time taking Communication Research but I am taking it from a different professor so we will hopefully pass so next semester I can do my thesis AHHHHH! Next semester I am going to be a SENIOR! Oh man time has gone by quickly! 


Can I just say I am so grateful for Chick-fil-a? I GOT MY SCHOLARSHIP!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!! BUDDY!!!! It is for $1000 dollars and I am going to be published in a paper (I think Deseret News and Salt Lake Tribune) so I will link that here when it happens. I also have the opportunity to receive the Truett Cathy Scholarship of an additional $1000!! SO I will keep everyone posted! 
ALSO on Monday I have a job interview. I will give more details about how that goes, and the description of the job. NO WORRIES :D 
Okay I am going to go celebrate by getting ready and then go window shopping lol! :) 
Until next time!

No comments:

Hello - It is me! Adriana's Life July 2016- current!

Good evening my friends! Well let me just say I haven't been as attentive to this blog in a while. I have been working on http://poorwor...